Central Ohio Crime Stoppers
Since 1977, Central Ohio Crime Stoppers has served as a vital three-way link between law enforcement, the news media, and the general public in bringing criminals to justice.
As one of thousands of similar local programs throughout the United States and many parts of the world, Crime Stoppers has been instrumental in solving thousands of felony crimes, including homicides, robberies, burglaries, thefts, and many others. Wanted persons have been brought to justice, and thousands of dollars have been paid to anonymous tipsters whose names will never be known. These successes are made possible only through the generosity of individual and corporate donors who see Central Ohio Crime Stoppers as an integral part of the community's fight against crime.
- Assisting their law enforcement agencies in the apprehension and conviction of criminals, primarily through the establishment and support of new and existing state and local Crime Stopper Programs.
- Training and advising law enforcement personnel and others who participate in such programs.
- Helping to motivate members of the public to cooperate with their respective law enforcement agencies.
- Stimulating and encouraging the flow of information to, among and between various law enforcement agencies.
- Creating and circulating films, video and sound tapes, and printed material about crime prevention and Crime Stopper Programs, and otherwise promoting such programs.
- Visiting places where existing or potential Crime Stopper Programs are located to advise concerning the operation thereof.
Central Ohio Crime Stoppers programs include an anonymous tipster hotline, a
program in finding fugitive felons, promoting Student Crime Stoppers programs in area high schools and college campuses, and the creation of other programs to help local law enforcement.
Central Ohio Crime Stoppers consistently gives out over $35,000 in rewards to anonymous tipsters every year. Our apprehension rate for wanted fugitive felons averages 85%.
Who We Are
Central Ohio Crime Stoppers is a vital 3-way link between law enforcement, news media, and the general public by “Working Together to Solve Crime.”